- Know the meaning of appreciative inquiry
- Think in positive terms and avoid thinking negatively
- Encourage others to think positively
- Recognize positive attributes in people
- Create positive imagery
- Manage and guide employees in a positive environment
- By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth — and the use of positive self-talk
- List reasons why a pleasing appearance and body language are critical for creating a strong first impression
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”
- Use the STAR model to make your case during a presentation challenge
- Display rapport-building skills through assertive methods of expressing disagreement and consensus-building techniques
- Practice strategies for gaining positive outcomes in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Organize a binder`
- Prepare checklists
- Understand succession planning
- Collect the correct tools
- Develop procedures
- Define and understand attention management.
- Identify different types of attention.
- Create strategies for goals and SMART goals.
- Be familiar with methods that focus attention.
- Put an end to procrastination.
- Learn how to prioritize time.
- By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand basic accounting terminology.
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials.
- Utilize the balance sheet.
- Identify different types of financial statements.
- Uncover the reasons for and actually create a budget.
- Be familiar with internal and external auditing.
Workshop Objectives: At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand how to develop leadership qualities
- Know how to delegate effectively
- Choose inspirational and engaging tasks for yourself and others
- Use wisdom and understanding to lead others
- Identify the roles of your team
- Learn how to trust others and earn their trust.
- Define body language.
- Understand the benefits and purpose of interpreting body language.
- Learn to interpret basic body language movements.
- Recognize common mistakes when interpreting body language.
- Understand your own body language and what you are communicating.
- Practice your body language skills
Workshop Objectives At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Know how to see the big picture
- Develop a risk management strategy
- Know how to practice financial literacy
- Develop critical thinking
- Practice management acumen
- Find key financial levers
- At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define and understand ethics.
- Understand the benefits of ethics.
- Create strategies to implement ethics at work.
- Recognize social and business responsibility.
- Identify ethical and unethical behavior.
- Learn how to make ethical decisions and lead with integrity.
- Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization.
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
- Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
- Identify at least one way to minimize nervousness while in social situations.
- Understand how to use a business card effectively.
- Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
- Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
- Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette, and basic table manners.
- Understand the protocol in ordering in a restaurant, handling alcohol in a business meal, paying the bill, and tipping.
- Understand basic guidelines when it comes to the proper form of address, grammar standards, and use of acronyms in e-mails.
- Understand basic guidelines in the use of the telephone, voicemail, and cell phone.
- State the difference between a formal and an informal letter.
- Create an effective ‘Thank You’ note.
- Understand the meaning of colors in dressing for success.
- Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
- Understand basic guidelines in international etiquette.